What is a home of the future? Good question. Automated homes or smart homes are often called homes of the future, for some reason. When One Touch Automation refers to automated homes, we are talking about a modern-day residence that integrates electrical devices in a house with each other, allowing for easy control by all family members.
Home automation can:
- Increase your independence and give you greater control of your home environment
- Make it easier to communicate with your family
- Save you time, effort and money
- Improve your personal safety and security
- Reduce your heating and cooling costs
- Increase your home’s energy efficiency
- Alert you audibly and visually to emergency situations
- Allow you to monitor your home while you are away
A home automation system has three core components:
- A central controller or main processing unit
- The device being operated (for example, lights, shades or audio system)
- The interface between the user and the device. An interface can be a remote, a keypad, a motion sensor, a wireless touch panel, Apple IPad or your personal computer. For example, a furnace can be controlled by an interface such as a remote, which sends a signal to the furnace via main controller to adjust the temperature for different times of the day and night based on the logic
Some of the standard devices automation can control includes:
· Television and Home Entertainment
· Heating and Cooling
· Automated Fixtures and Fittings
· Blinds and Curtains
· Fire and Other Safety Emergencies
Home automation can now be controlled via Voice control using Crestron Home. We think Home of the future will be very much gesture control coupled with AI. An example would be, when the system know after gym the user takes shower – it can turn on path lights to shower, turn on the relaxing music, turn on shower lights, turn off gym lights when user enters the shower, turn off path lights until shower is completed. Once the bathroom door opens, turn on the path lights to the dressing room.
To learn how you can make your Home of the future using availabel technology, contact us today.
This is pretty much home automation 101. Of course, the technology is much more advanced and installation complex, but home automation is about making life simple for you, so we’ll go easy on the technical jargon. Feel free to drop us a line, if you have any questions.